Chevron

Friday, September 5, 2014

This Shea is Bananas! - Featuring Cleopatra's Choice 100% Pure African Shea Butter


Oh Shea Butter, how I love thee... Let me count the ways! First of all, if you don't know what Shea Butter is, you are seriously missing out. I am willing to bet that right now you own products that have this ingredient in it, and may not even know it. It is an commonly found in cosmetics, moisturizers and body lotions/creams. In fact, a quick trip to Pinterest will land you with THOUSANDS of recipes using this innovative ingredient to concoct your very own bar soap, body lotion, shave cream, deep hair conditioner, lip balm, lip stain/stick, cuticle cream.... Would you like me to continue? I recently received a one pound tub of Cleopatra's Choice 100% Pure African Shea Butter and am planning to turn into a mad scientist creating all-natural homemade beauty goodies (if I don't use it up all by itself first).


As you can see from the container, Pure African Shea Butter has a multitude of benefits to offer! First and most important to me is the fact that this is unrefined and organic. This tells me that while it is being made, it is not being exposed to chemicals and toxins, and they are not added in after to elongate its shelf life. Lotion shouldn't need to last 30 years, in my humble opinion. What I love about this particular formula is that it is fast-absorbing. I feel as though I am constantly on a time crunch, so I have little time to wait around for my lotion to dry so I can open the bathroom door. When this goes on it looks greasy, but quickly absorbs, nourishing your skin and leaving it touch-ably smooth. While I am inspired to create my own personalized body butter with this stuff, I find myself using it on it's own quite often. It has a very bland scent which makes it perfect for mixing with essential oils to create a fragrance you prefer. I also use it as a moisturizer for my lips, and plan to make my own lip balm once I can find a cute container to keep it in. It keeps my lips feeling moisturized and heals the dry, flaky skin. With Winter just around the corner, I know I will be grabbing for the Shea Butter often. Even now, I will grab a small bit of brown sugar, mix it with a small bit of the Shea Butter, and use it as a moisturizing lip scrub. The brown sugar scrapes off the dead skin allowing the fresh, new skin to absorb the Vitamins A and E from the Shea Butter. Super-quick beauty treatment that allows your glosses and lipsticks to apply flawlessly.


As you can see in the picture, it has an ivory color to it (sometimes it is yellow), and it has a hard texture (not rock hard, just solid) in the container. Once you touch it, it heats up enough to become more malleable and you can rub it on! The Cleopatra's Choice 100% Pure African Shea Butter is also a Fair-Trade product, which increases my desire to purchase this brand again and again. It is nice when your purchase gives back too.

If you are interested in trying Shea Butter for the many benefits it provides, or to create your own personalized toxin-free health and beauty products, I highly recommended the Cleopatra's Choice 100% Pure African Shea Butter. It can be purchased from Amazon here. Currently the one-pound tub is on sale for $11.95 which is extremely reasonable! Additionally, they offer a 1-year 100% satisfaction guarantee, so you truly have nothing to lose!

I have loved using this Shea Butter and I give it 10 stars:

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-40207773-1