Chevron

Monday, December 22, 2014

Make Up by One Direction Review


When I think of boy bands, I think of catchy lyrics, screaming girls and dance-worthy tunes, but I most certainly do not think of make-up. Low-and-behold, one of the world's most famous boy bands has done just that! Make Up by One Direction has hit the shelves of popular retailers such as Sears USA, Kmart, Target and Walmart Canada as of November 15th. The Make Up by One Direction sets were created by Markwins, which is a long-standing company known for pioneering the concept of the all-in-one compact and working with brands such as Wet N Wild, Physician's Formula, The Color Institute and many others. Never in a million years would I think that I, as an adult, would be drawn to or interested in make-up by a boy band, but I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of this set! I actually received 3 sets of the new Make Up by One Direction, and I am excited to share my experience!



They make a tin for each of the 5 band members: Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson. While each tin features one of said band members on the front, the content on the inside is all the same. I love this all-in-one concept! Each tin includes 6 eye shadows, an eye liner, 4 lip glosses, a lip gloss top coat, and 2 nail polishes.



The eye shadows are very pretty and have great color pay off. My favorite combo is Tell Me A Lie all over my lid, and Summer Love in my crease. That was the first color combination that I tried and I loved it! Each of the shadows has just the right amount of shimmer to make them fun, without being tacky, which is a huge plus for me.

From Left to Right: Nobody Compares (Metallic Silver), Tell Me a Lie (Metallic Nude Pink), Same Mistakes
(Metallic Mint), I Would (Smoky Brown Shimmer), Summer Love (Smoky Purple Haze), and Everything About
You (Smoky Black Shimmer)
The lip colors are great too. The deeper pinks look bold, but they go on beautifully, adding a sheer tint of color. Plus, if you desire a little more shimmer, the lip gloss top coat adds the perfect amount of glitter to brighten your smile.

Top to Bottom: Loved You First (Bubblegum Pink), One Thing (Frosted Ice Pink), Heart Attack (Creamy Rose Shine) and Irresistible (Shimmered Pearl). Running the length of the colors, to the left is the lip gloss top coat in Over Again (Silver Glitter Sparkle)
I created a "look" using the Make Up by One Direction, and the finished product was:


For this "look", I used "Tell Me A Lie" all over my eye lid, and "I Would" in my crease, "I Want" which is the true matte black eye liner that came in the set, and on my lips I used Heart Attack. Here are some close-ups:





I really appreciated how easy it was to create a simple, easy everyday look. And again, as if I haven't said it enough, I am astounded by the quality of a make-up created to essentially appeal to teenie-boppers. Is that still a word? Well, I'm using it anyway. I give this set an easy 10 stars, as I have used it SEVERAL times since I got it. Sometimes it is easier when everything is all in one place.


As the Holidays quickly approach, I am willing to bet that we all have a couple of people on our gift lists that would be thrilled to beautify themselves in their obsession with the members of One Direction. Or this set would work for someone who would love an all-in-one make-up set, someone who is learning to use make-up, or just someone who loves make-up in general. Make them smile this season!

Disclosure: The item(s) mentioned above were provided complimentary for the purpose of an honest review. The opinions stated here are based upon my personal experience with the product(s) and are entirely my own. Regardless, I only recommend products or services that I feel would benefit my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-40207773-1