Chevron

Monday, July 21, 2014

Review of Children's Book: Noah and the Mighty Ark by Rhonda Gowler Green, Illustrated by Margaret Spengler

*Zondervan provided me with a free copy of this book for reviewing purposes

I have been joyously bombarded with reviews lately so bear with me as I get organized and share with you some of the incredibly amazing products I have been given the opportunity to try.

The latest being the children's book: Noah and the Mighty Ark by Rhonda Gowler Green and Illustrated by Margaret Spengler. This, which should be obvious, is a children's book telling about the Bible story: Noah and the Ark. The author makes the story effortless for children to understand, and uses rhyming to make the words even more engaging. I love this because it also helps children who are learning to read, as they can pretty accurately guess which words come next if they are having issues being able to recognize them. I read this to my 2 year old, and I think this story would be appropriate for a multitude of ages, while also being a great first read for children learning to read.


I am so very drawn to Margaret Spengler's illustrations in this book (and the kids are too!), as they have a very soft focus, and are colorful. We had fun naming all of the animals and people throughout the story! Thankfully, this is a hardcover book which means it is sturdy enough to withstand Miss Throw-y Hands, aka my toddler. Additionally, the spiritual message was present without being overwhelming or confusing for the kids. I have a great appreciation for authors, such as Rhonda Gowler Green, who can take such a big idea and simplify it for children to be able to grasp it.

I highly recommend this book. In fact, I chose another one of these books to review later on, so keep your eyes peeled for another review. I give this book 10 stars:

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
Disclosure: I received this book as part of my membership in the ZBlog Squad. The opinions stated are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-40207773-1