Chevron

Monday, December 15, 2014

Scrub, Scrub, Scrub Your....Face!


I am a lover of all things skin care, and have been dabbling in at-home treatments. Many treatments performed at a dermatologists office or spa are very expensive, and unfortunately it is not something that my family can afford on a regular basis. They tend to be a rare treat. I tend to get uncomfortable with strangers touching my body anyway so I am always on the lookout for at-home treatments. As the Winter blah takes over, I am happy that I got to try Erase by Luxurience, which is a Premium Microdermabrasion Scrub.



The scrub comes in a beautiful heavy jar, and is a nice seafoam-ish color. It smells very refreshing, like cucumber and clean water. It's hard to describe, but it is nice, relaxing and not overdone. It also has a gel-like consistency with tiny beads to do the scrubbing. My package also came with a mall bottle of moisturizer that I use after the scrub. It has a minty scent and provides a nice cooling sensation after the treatment. It is suggested to use this Microdermabrasion Scrub 2-3 times per week to keep dead skin at bay, thus keeping your complexion looking radiant. You apply it to damp skin and rub around for 1-2 minutes. I tend to use a nickle-sized amount when I do my treatments, and I make sure that my skin is clean of any make-up, although this was never instructed. It has been an absolute cinch to add this to my beauty routine with zero complications. If you feel that you do not have the extra minute or two, start out using it once per week and move up from there.



While most people do not exfoliate everyday, it is important to do so frequently to keep dead skin accumulation at bay. Dead skin cells are the main culprit for dull skin, wrinkles and blackheads. Exfoliating also works to ensure that those pricey serums and moisturizers you use actually get absorbed to do those wonderful things that they can do. Microdermabrasion helps with all of that. I have enjoyed the spa-like quality of the Erase by Luxurience Premium Microdermabrasion Scrub. It is gentle enough to use a couple times per week, but strong enough for you to notice immediate results. My face was super-soft after my first use. That just goes to show how well my traditional practices are working. I also like to hope that using this prior to my Vitamin C Serum is what has helped clear up my persistent cystic acne. Over time I hope to reap the acne-scar-diminishing-powers that Microdermabrasion is claimed to hold.

So, if you are looking to bring a little bit of the spa into your home, I highly recommend the Erase by Luxurience Premium Microdermabrasion Scrub with 9 stars:


You can purchase it on Amazon HERE. It is currently 55% off and costs $31.49. This price is likely a Holiday promotion and probably won't stick around for long.

Disclosure: The item(s) mentioned above were complimentary for the purpose of an honest review. The thoughts and experiences expressed are completely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-40207773-1