Chevron

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Keeping My Pup Fresh


Disclosure: The item(s) mentioned below were provided complimentary for the purpose of an honest review. The opinions stated here are based upon my personal experience with the product(s) and are entirely my own. Regardless, I only recommend products or services that I feel would benefit my readers.

There is nothing worse than a stinky dog. I ought to take out stock in the candle companies for how often I purchase and burn candles to ensure that my house doesn't smell like "dog". Don't get me wrong, I love my dog, but I prefer the element of surprise when it comes to animals. I take pride when people walk in and say, "Oh, I didn't know you had a dog/cats". This translates to me as, your house does not smell like "dog/cat". This is semi-difficult for me to get away with because said dog happens also to be a 100 lb black lab. So..... you may not smell him, but I'm willing to bet that you can see him, or he has let you know of his presence. It between baths, it's nice to keep my pup smelling fresh, and I recently discovered a pet deodorizer that is up to my standards. Introducing: Lovely Fresh Natural Pet Deodorizer.


I have a 100 pound 6 year old black lab, so bathing him on the regular is a real pain in the you know what. In the Summertime it is much more tolerable because we can do it outside, but n the Winter, its a whole different story. Plus, as most labs do, he has super sensitive, itchy, irritated, flaky, no good, very bad skin. So bathing frequently is out of the question anyway. Enter in the Lovely Fresh Natural Pet Deodorizer. First an foremost, the spray covers up the "dog" smell. Being realistic here, if your dog rolls in somethng stank, chances are this will not cover it up and you will need to go ahead with a bath. However, for maintenance in between baths, this is your best bet. It has a spray top which delivers an extremely fine mist of pleasantly orange smelling product. I'm a citrus scent lover, so this is right up my alley, but what makes me even more happy is the natural ingredients that this is made out of. Some of which are collodial oats, pure neem oil and Vitamins A, D and E. These are all very helpful when dealing with skin issues. So, not only does this product address the smelly dog issue, but it also works to improve some of the very common skin issues in many breeds of dog.


In my experience, I have found that this is a brilliant product. See, my dog tends not to noticeably smell, unless of course he has gotten into something. That being said, when I pet him, my hands are left smelling like dog more times than not. When I use this spray, it eliminates that after-smell on m hands. I wash my hands anyway, but it's nice to know so that when guests come over I don't have to be anxious about their hands after touching the dog. When I am in a hurry I can give him a quick spray-down, or when I have more time, I will brush him and make added effort to spray his areas that are super-dry or irritated. I'm not sure how often this is intended to be used, but I probably use it once per week, and maybe more if there are going to be visitors, or he is smelling particularly stinky.


My pup and I love this stuff so far, and give it 10 stars:


If you have a dog, or even a cat, that could use a little dry/irritated skin relief and a fresh scent, I highly recommend the Lovely Fresh Natural Pet Deodorizer. It can be purchased on Amazon HERE for $11.95, and you get a large 8oz sized spray bottle. I love how reasonable the cost is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-40207773-1