Chevron

Monday, October 12, 2015

Fresh is Best


Disclosure: The item(s) mentioned below were provided complimentary for the purpose of an honest review. The opinions stated here are based upon my personal experience with the product(s) and are entirely my own. Regardless, I only recommend products or services that I feel would benefit my readers.

Have you ever come across a product that made you think: I wish I invented that! That happened to me recently. I mean, I wish I invented anything that could make me money, but there are some products that are so useful and fix an everyday problem, that they make you wish you had invented them. I get a ton of products to try out and review. Surprisingly, I really do love and use almost all of them, but it isn't every product that I come across that I wish I had developed myself. So, if you must ask what this mystery product is, it is Silicone Stretch Lids. I know it sounds so strange, but hear me out....



How many times per day or week do you use plastic wrap, aluminum foil, cling wrap, etc. over food to keep it fresh longer? Or how many times do you cut open fresh fruit or vegetables, and wish that there was a way to preserve what you don't want to use without having to cut it up or use it all at one time? Or how many times have you lost the lid to your food storage containers? The Silicone Storage Lids are the answer to these common problems. They come in a set of 6 lids of varying sizes. Now, because they are made out of silicone, they are very easy to stretch over just about anything. Have a drink you poured but don't feel like finishing? Take the smallest one and stretch it over the top and pop it in the fridge. Want to eat a fresh watermelon but don't feel like cutting up the entire thing? Cut the melon in half and stretch the largest sized one over the opened part of the melon. That way, until you are ready to eat it, or cut the rest of it up, it is kept fresh.



If you couldn't tell, I LOVE these things. The second I got them I took every opportunity to tell everyone I knew about them because I feel like they are so unique, yet so helpful around the kitchen. I have found that they work best when you use the size that is a tad smaller than the object you are trying to cover, where you have to stretch it to cover. It gives it a nice sealed cover. These are completely versatile too because aside from covering a range of sizes, they can also cover an array of shapes, not just things with a circular shape. They are very easy to clean too. I use warm soapy water and a sponge to get them clean and then leave the to dry in the dish rack. When storing, I simply nest them, with the largest on the bottom and the smallest in the center. It takes up very little room in my cupboard, and they are still easily accessible. Most importantly, they are reusable, and eliminate the need to waste other products that can be used only once or twice.


I highly recommend these Silicone Stretch Lids with 10 stars:


If you are looking to purchase these, or even buy them as a gift for a friend or family member, you can find them on Amazon where they are only $13.74 for the set of 6 I received. Excellent price if you ask me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-40207773-1