Chevron

Thursday, May 29, 2014

What You Need to Know About Argan Oil, Featurng UNi 100% Organic Pure Moroccan Argan Oil

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

I have been getting a ton of beauty related products lately to review (so keep an eye out), and I have to say, I am in blogger-review-euphoria. There is nothing I love more than beauty, health and wellness goodies to try out. I literally have felt like my mailbox loves me so much lately. One of the first beauty products that I got to try is UNi 100% Pure Moroccan Argan Oil.

This is one of those things that seems to be at the forefront of the beauty headlines these days, so I was very excited about this! First of all, Argan oil has SO MANY uses. When applied to damp hair it helps to bring out shine and provides added moisture. It can be used as part of your body care routine in the place of lotion as it moisturizes the skin, and it's praises have been sung for assisting with skincare concerns such as acne, eczema and psoriasis. On top of that, it works great to moisturize your cuticles and dry heels (flip-flop season is upon us people - do everyone a favor and slough of the dead skin and rub some Argan oil on it!). This is one of those "cure all" medicine cabinet treasures, because it can replace a number of products that you currently use.

What you need to be aware of, is that not all Argan oils are created equal. Be sure that the ingredients are limited, and include 100% Argan oil (Argania Spinosa Kernel oil). You also need to know that the price can be steep on this product because of the strenuous process that goes into extracting the oil. This is often done by hand, and takes a few DAYS to get a substantial amount of oil. While you may be looking for a deal, the consequences may be worth the extra money. And remember, this product can replace several of your current products, so the added cost could still be saving you money in the long run. True Argan oil should be packaged in a glass bottle that is tinted or dark to preserve the product (tan, blue, brown). If it comes in a plastic container or a clear container, it may be a dupe. The scent is another quality that is unique to pure Argan oil. It has what is considered a "nutty" smell. It certainly is something you have to get used to. I was a little off-put by the smell, and haven't gotten the courage to use it on my face yet. I can't really describe what it smells like, however, I will say that the scent dissipates quickly, so you are not stuck smelling like Argan oil all day. I will dd that this is not a nasty smell though, just different. Therefore, if it smells delicious, disgusting or like nothing, you may have run into a problem. The UNi 100% Organic Pure Moroccan Argan Oil that I tested definitely checked out as legitimate (or you wouldn't see me posting this).

            Dry Heel                                           Argan Oil Treated Heel

As you can see in the above picture (excuse the up-close of my heels), this works great for getting those dry, Winter heels in shape for the warmer months. You start to see a difference immediately after using this, which I imagine is why it is often referred to as "liquid gold". I have enjoyed using it on my cuticles to promote nail health, my heels to promote sandal-wearing, and my hair for the added moisture and shine. I will say that a small amount goes a LONG way. Using it in my hair took a little bit of trial an error, so I would suggest you err on the side of caution and start out with a tiny bit, and work your way up if you think you need more (and you probably won't). I have VERY long hair (to the middle of my back) and I used a penny-sized amount, and that ended up being too much, causing my roots to seem greasy. Again, everyone is different, but I would start out with a very small amount and go from there.

If you are in the market for Argan Oil, or could benefit from any of its many uses, I would highly recommend the UNi 100% Organic Pure Moroccan Argan Oil which can be purchased here at a very reasonable price. You can learn more about the company and the products that they offer here.

I have found great benefits to adding Argan Oil to my beauty routine and give it 9 stars:

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I had been looking to buy a nice brand of argan oil online but I couldn't gather much information about it. Today I decided to check the internet in detail and see if I could get some video tutorials on it too. I came across this website http://www.100purearganoil.com/ that sold argan oil and even had alot of information on it's uses and benefits. I just read your blog and I think it's really informative too. Thanks for sharing all this with us.

    ReplyDelete

UA-40207773-1