Chevron

Monday, June 23, 2014

WooBamboo - A Kid's Toothbrush Review


Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial.

In an effort to "green" my mind, body and soul...Ok, mostly my household, and frequently used products, I have become increasingly aware of the amount of YUCK we have in our house. Chemicals, toxins and hidden ingredients that are absorbed into our body throughout the day, each and everyday. On top of that, I've started thinking about the "footprint" I leave behind on this Earth. I want our planet to be around (and livable) for my children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, etc... Fortunately many organic and "green" companies make sustainable products that work with the Earth instead of against it. One super-awesome company is WooBamboo. They have created a line of toothbrushes that are sustainable, biodegradable, antimicrobial, trendy and customizable! What more could you ask for? I got to try a free sample of their WooBamboo Sprout Toothbrushes (they came in a 2-pack), which are perfect for kids, or travel!

My kids immediately wanted to open up the package and get to brushing. They love the colored bristles and the novelty of a "wooden" handle. They are perfect for their little hands and mouths. Mine came with Super Soft bristles, which is what would be recommended by the dentist, although they can make them with Soft or Medium bristles as well. There was also an insert in my package that really resonated with me:

I really think this is such a simple, yet powerful statement about the impact of even the baby steps we make. I was also pleased to find a hand-written note in there too! I love when a company values their customers and takes the time to recognize them. Many businesses get very large and lose sight of the fact that they would be nonexistent without the consumers who buy their products.


Ok, now that you see how cool the company is, let me talk a little about the toothbrushes. These brushes have quickly turned into the most frequented toothbrush that my children use. My son, who despises brushing his teeth, has been excited to use this brush, and chooses it over his electric toothbrush every time. My daughter, while only 2, picks this one out of the toothbrush holder over her Piglet toothbrush. This, in toddler terms, is a two thumbs up approval. Mom-wise, I love that these toothbrushes have super soft bristles so they are gentle on their teeth. I also like that, if I hold the toothbrush up to the light, I can physically see the space between the bristles and the handle. I feel that many times "gunk" collects there in traditional plastic toothbrushes, but with these I can see it, and rinse the brush thoroughly in order to remove said "gunk". On top of that, the handle is made from Moso Bamboo which is naturally antimicrobial. HUGE plus when you are dealing with kids, as you almost always don't want to ask where their hands have been. Additionally, Moso Bamboo can grow up to 4 feet in a single day, making it a highly sustainable resource, and it isn't the same bamboo that the Pandas eat, so it doesn't take away from their food supply. 

For these many reasons, I give WooBamboo Eco Toothbrushes 10 stars:

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

If you are interested in trying WooBamboo Toothbrushes out for yourself and/or your children, you can check their list of on-line and local retailers here. I would also recommend following WooBamboo on Facebook, Twitter and Google + to keep up with their business as the grow (it says on the website that they are open to suggestions, and that they plan to expand their line!!!!). Plus, tell your dentist you want them to offer these in their office - they are CuStOmIzAbLe!!!! 

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-40207773-1