Chevron

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

It's Stinky - But Worth It!


Have you ever heard the saying: "Pain is beauty"? Well, I think I had a close call with that on my recent review. I love to try out new health and beauty products more than anything else. It has just been a major interest of mine since I was a tween - browsing the skincare and make-up aisles are something I consider to be a good way to spend my free time. I have tried an extremely vast array of products, so I like to think that I have some level of "expertise" in this area. I recently was given the opportunity to try an Organic Seaweed Powder from Azara Organics.



Seaweed has been used for centuries to reduce inflammation, soften skin and detoxify the body. Azara Organics recognized these benefits and has used 100% pure USDA certified organic kelp powder harvested from the Atlantic Ocean to create their product. It can be used as a face mask, body wrap or added to body scrubs and bath powders. As a face mask, you mix 1 teaspoon of Organic Seaweed Powder with 2 teaspoons of water, add a couple drops of essential oil (if desired), apply to skin and allow it to set for 10-15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and voila! It's requires minimal effort to use.



Here is where the "Pain is Beauty" comes in... This stuff smells like seaweed. You are probably thinking, well, YEAH, it's seaweed powder, so of course it smells like SEAWEED. Well people, seaweed smells BAD. Even after I mixed in Lavender Essential Oil, it still smelled awful. I need to find a stronger scented oil to mix in with it or something... If you use it as a wrap this will likely not cause an issue because you smooth it on your skin and then wrap yourself (and the scent) up. When it is right there on your face though, you smell it. Some people may not be bothered by the scent, but it was something that really bothered me, so I needed to share. I'm still playing around with it because I feel that the benefits far outweigh the stench. For example, you can feel this tingle as it works on your skin. As an occasional skincare snood, I know that the more expensive stuff is working, because I can see AND feel it. I also found this stuff a tad difficult to mix without being lumpy. I remedied this by placing the powder in a small bowl, adding the water, and then using my make-up brush to mix thoroughly to the desired consistency, adding water/oil as needed to work out the lumps.



Minus the smell, the Organic Seaweed Powder is a helpful product to have on hand, and I give it 7 stars:



If you are on the market for such a product you can purchase it from Amazon HERE for $17.95. Please note that this is normally $49.95, and there is no telling when or how the price will fluctuate. To keep up with the Azara Organics and their products, plus get a few more recipes on how you can use the powder, go HERE

Disclosure:I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-40207773-1