Chevron

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Brush Love - Featuring the Yalmeh Y19 Foundation Brush


Disclosure: The item(s) mentioned below were provided complimentary for the purpose of an honest review. The opinions stated here are based upon my personal experience with the product(s) and are entirely my own. Regardless, I only recommend products or services that I feel would benefit my readers.

For all of you liquid foundation wearers out there, how do you apply it? For the longest time I used some combination of those wedge sponges and my fingers. That is, until I was introduced to that beautiful place that starts with an "S" and ends with an "ephora". I was on the search for a high end full coverage foundation, and they color matched me by applying the foundation to my face with a brush. I must've been under some kind of rock to have never done this before, or even really heard of it, but rest easy people, I get it now, and I won't go back! My latest review features a really beautiful Y19 Foundation Brush from Yalmeh that is now my go-to brush for liquid foundation application!


How pretty is this brush?!?! I think she is gorg! Plus, it is made from high quality materials, including top grade synthetic fibers which grant you the ability to use and wash frequently without shedding. There is nothing worse than a brush that sheds. On top of that, this brush is hypoallergenic, cruelty-free and vegan friendly. I'm very respectful towards companies who take measures to ensure that their products do not harm animals. The pearly-white handle is made of wood, so it is strong and sturdy to support optimal control as you apply your make-up. While I use this specifically for liquid foundation, it can be used for blush, powder or setting powder as well.


The main reason I love this Yalmeh Y19 Foundation Brush so much is the tapered head. It allows for me to get foundation blended thoroughly, even in those difficult areas like the sides of my nose or under my eyes. This brush is also dense which makes coverage a breeze. One of the biggest issues I used to have with those little wedge sponges is that it absorbs half of the make-up, and then gives you very minimal coverage. As a blemish-sufferer, I need coverage, and because I spend a decent amount of money on my foundation, I don't want it being sucked into a sponge - I need it on my face! This brush also washes so well. I often hesitate to wash brushes I enjoy because some of them just never go back to their original perfect-ness. I tend to wash my foundation brushes more often than others because they are used so regularly, and all over my face, and I am happy to say that this one has given me zero issues!

This is my main foundation brush, and I highly recommend it with 10 stars:


If you are new to foundation brushes, or new to make-up in general, I would definitely recommend grabbing one of these brushes from Amazon HERE. They retail for $29.95 but have been on sale for $11.95, which is a steal of a deal! As always my friends, these prices and availability are subject to change. If you are interested in more of their products, you can check out the Yalmeh website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-40207773-1