Chevron

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Squeaky Clean Mug With My Konjac Sponge


Disclosure: The item(s) mentioned below were provided complimentary for the purpose of an honest review. The opinions stated here are based upon my personal experience with the product(s) and are entirely my own. Regardless, I only recommend products or services that I feel would benefit my readers.

Cleaning my face is an insanely important part of my skincare routine. I suffer from hormonal-based acne breakouts, so I have to be very careful about what I put on my face. Minor changes often result in breakouts or inflammation of current blemishes.... Sometimes I feel like my face is some strange science experiment. That being said, I love getting to try out new beauty tools that supplement my routine without creating aggravation. Many skincare brands have recently introduced Konjac Sponges to their lines, and I have to say, I am a huge fan. I have tried a few different ones, and I am currently loving my La Lune Naturals Pure Konjac Cleansing Sponges.



If you are unaware, a Konjac Sponge is an exfoliating sponge used to cleanse the face. I'm sure you could probably use this on your body as well, although I would not recommend using the same one on your body that you plan to also use on your face. Just my opinion though, feel free to do what you like, no judgement! My skin thrives from exfoliation. I could use a scrub every single day, and the dermatologist would tell me it is OK, because my face literally has NO bacteria on it. I have had a special analysis done at the dermatologist before and they said they normally discourage the use of face scrubs regularly, but because my skin was so clean, they told me to do whatever I wanted. When I feel that my face needs a break from the abrasion of a scrub, I use my La Lune Naturals Konjac Sponge with a regular cleanser and I still walk away with clean, baby-soft skin.



Even better, these Konjac sponges are made free of chemicals, parabens and sulfates, while also being biodegradable! Its made from the highly sustainable Konjac plant, whose fibers work hard to pull away the toxins and impurities that dull our skin. Plus, the Konjac sponge itself is very lightweight and therefore gentle. There are a couple of reasons why I keep this baby hanging around the bathroom. One, when I treat my acne, it gets dried out and therefore flaky. No one likes to look like they have Leprosy, including myself, so I use my Konjac sponge to gently remove the "flakies" from my face without further irritating my breakouts. And second, my skin is dry in the Winter and doesn't need further aggravation, so I use fewer scrubs and more gel, cream, and liquid cleansers with my Konjac sponge to get my desired outcome. And lastly, it does a wonderful job at removing make-up from my skin at the end of the day, so that is an added benefit.



I love my Konjac Sponges, and I give them 10 stars:




If you are interested in adding a Konjac Sponge to your beauty routine, I highly recommend the La Lune Naturals Konjac Sponges. The package contains 2 sponges, and a mini suction cup with a hanger for you to keep your sponge fresh in the bathroom. Right now, they are priced at $12.99 on Amazon, HERE, meaning you are getting them for about $6.50 a piece. La Lune Naturals offers quite a variety of products which you can check out on their website, and keep up with them on their Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-40207773-1