Chevron

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Sweeten Things Up With Yacon Syrup


Disclosure: The item(s) mentioned below were provided complimentary for the purpose of an honest review. The opinions stated here are based upon my personal experience with the product(s) and are entirely my own. Regardless, I only recommend products or services that I feel would benefit my readers.

There are so many health fads out there, that barely pay attention anymore. I am not looking to lose weight or be on a strict diet, I just prefer to live a healthy lifestyle. I recently had the opportunity to try Yacon Syrup, and to be honest, I had no idea what it was or what it was used for initially. It is a thick, dark syrup, like molasses, and smells like it too. That being said, it has some interesting health benefits and several uses. One of my favorite part of being a product reviewer is being introduced to new things, I never would have otherwise been exposed to. I tried Peak Fusion Yacon Syrup, and I'm slowly starting to use it more frequently (hey, they say it takes 21 days to form a habit).



Yacon Syrup is a sweetening agent that holds an attraction due to it's low calories and low sugar content. The Syrup itself is extracted from the roots of the yacon plant, which is found in the Andes Mountains. It is said to be a good option for those who are diabetic because it has a low glycemic index. It is also a wonderful option for those who choose a vegan diet. Most notably, Yacon Syrup is said to aid in weight loss while encouraging healthy digestion. As a side note, it is also a good antioxidant. What makes the Peak Fusion Yacon Syrup original is the fact that theirs is organic, raw, pure, vegan, gluten-free, non-GMO and with zero artificial ingredients. Plus, each batch that they make is third party tested for purity.



I tried this Yacon syrup because I was interested in what it tasted like on its own. I found that the taste was sweet, but on it's own was not something I would take often. It is recommended to take 3 teaspoons daily, but I would recommend adding it to something to take it. For example, you can add it to your morning coffee or tea, a smoothie, and it can be used in recipes as well as a sweetener that is not loaded with calories and sugar. I definitely appreciate how versatile this product is, and with the prevalence of diabetes, I see this as a viable alternative. I definitely do not take the 3 teaspoons per day, mainly because I can't remember. With this purchase you will get e-mailed a mini e-booklet of recipes that you can use the Peak Fusion Yacon Syrup for. This is so helpful, because as I said, I was unsure how to use it. I also get skeptical of items that tell you keep them out of reach of children, or that it is unadvised for use by pregnant and nursing mothers. That being said, I know companies need to watch their back, and too much of anything can be harmful.



I'm still familiarizing myself with everything this innovative syrup can be used for, and for now, I give it 8 stars:


If you think this is something that would be useful to you, you may purchase an 8 oz bottle for $18.97, HERE. Prices may change at any moment so this price is not guaranteed.

1 comment:

  1. First of all i would like to thank you for the great and informative entry. I has to admit that I have never heard about this information I have noticed many new facts for me. Thanks a lot for sharing this useful and attractive information and I will be waiting for other interesting posts from you in the nearest future. Keep it up..

    ReplyDelete

UA-40207773-1