Chevron

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Turmeric and All It's Glory


Disclosure: The item(s) mentioned below were provided complimentary for the purpose of an honest review. The opinions stated here are based upon my personal experience with the product(s) and are entirely my own. Regardless, I only recommend products or services that I feel would benefit my readers.

If you pay attention to the world of herbs and supplements, you will notice that there is a lot to be said for Turmeric. Turmeric is a plant, and you would most likely recognize it as the most prevalent ingredient in curry, and the ingredient that gives it that yellow color. Curcumin is the main active ingredient in Turmeric and is chock full of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant power. The issue is that only a small percentage of Curcumin (about 3%) resides in Turmeric. You would be needing to consume a serious amount of Turmeric to get an effective daily dose of Curcumin. Luckily, there is also Turmeric extract, which contains significantly higher levels of the curcuminoids that carry higher health benefits. Vitavana has created a product that has a whopping 712.5mg of Curcumin, giving you one of the most potent products on the market: Turmerex.



What makes Turmerex a unique product, aside from it's very potent amount of Curcumin, is that it is made here in the USA in an FDA compliant facility. You can ensure that you are getting quality products with real ingredients. This is important with all of the recent media coverage of supplement companies that have been dishonest with the ingredients in their products. Turmerex also contains 5mg of Bioperine® . Bioperine® is their patented form of black pepper that is part of this supplement due to its ability to increase the absorption of Curcumin. I appreciate that they add this in, versus needing to purchase a separate supplement to make this supplement effective. So, by now you must be wondering, what's so great about Turmeric? Why should I be taking it? Turmeric is most commonly known for it's anti-inflammatory properties. Chronic inflammation is oftentimes the root of many diseases, including, but not limited to: heart disease, cancer, metabolic syndrome, Alzheimer's and other degenerative conditions. It also protects the body against free radicals while boosting it's own antioxidant enzymes. It is also claimed to be helpful in fending off depression via increasing Seratonin and Dopamine in the brain. This does not even touch the tip of the iceberg as far as the benefits of Turmeric are concerned.



I was interested in trying these because my husband suffers from joint pain, due to repetitive motion at work. I thought they would be something he could take to help reduce inflammation in the areas of his body that are always sore. He hasn't tried them yet, so I am saving them for him. In the meantime, I found a great recipe for a face mask that uses Turmeric HERE. As an acne sufferer, I couldn't ignore the anti-inflammatory properties that this delivers to help clear up my face, and all with ingredients I have on hand! Plus, the capsules are the easy to swallow ones, and they also happen to be easy to open if you too wish to use them topically versus internally. The couple of times I have made the face mask I felt that it left my skin feeling soft, smooth and less inflamed where my pimple were. I often experience cystic acne which can be very painful, so I use this especially when I am having those type of break-outs. When I am in a rush, I simply mix the Turmeric with aloe vera gel and do a little spot treatment.



I'm excited to continue using this to see if the aforementioned benefits can be experienced. Overall I give the Turmerex 10 stars:


If you are looking for a product with many, many health benefits, you can purchase Turmerex HERE for $39.95. This price may change at any time. For that price you get 60 capsules in a doubly sealed container, which is a 2-month supply. This purchase also comes with a 60 day money back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose. That being said, there have only been positive reviews thus far!

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-40207773-1