Chevron

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Having a Marble-ous Time!


Disclosure: The item(s) mentioned below were provided complimentary for the purpose of an honest review. The opinions stated here are based upon my personal experience with the product(s) and are entirely my own. Regardless, I only recommend products or services that I feel would benefit my readers.

I come from a generation that has grown up with the boom of technological advancement. Growing up, playing outside, with barbies and board games were normal. Today, it seems that all kids toys are electronic, or mimic the electronics that their parents use on the regular. I'm not an opponent of technology, believe me, I feel that it has done so much good too. That being said, I take every opportunity that I can to get my kids toys that encourage and foster imagination. I really love to go to specialty stores where they offer "different" toys that aren't available at your "traditional" stores. We recently got to try out the Mega Fun Marble Fun Run, and this is one of those toys!



The Mega Fun Marble Fun Run comes with 105 pieces and a 30-pack of marbles. With these pieces your children can create a marble race track that will keep them busy for hours! While there is a track that they have created for you, kids can come up with and create any track they wish. The track comes with brightly colored plastic pieces, and some translucent-sparkly ones too! The possibilities are endless! From playing with the Mega Fun Marble Fun Run, kids can develop their spatial skills, hand-eye coordination, cause-and-effect and problem-solving skills. All while being given the opportunity to create, something television shows and video games can't do! This is intended for children ages 4 and up, and would make a wonderful gift idea!


I have an almost 10 year old (he will be 10 tomorrow!), and a 3 year old. They both have fun playing with this. I supervise the 3 year old because the marbles are small, and she can be the equivalent of a pint-sized godzilla. All-in-all, it probably took a good 30 minutes to assemble this set. The instructions may be difficult for some to follow, especially children, because it is a picture of the finished product, not step by step details to walk you through it. That being said, it isn't imperative to construct it the same way it is in the instructions, so you don't have to follow that anyway. There were times that I found the pieces fit oddly. It was almost as if they needed to be in a specific angle, or turned a certain way for it to sit just right. This really didn't pose too much of a problem, unless the piece was sitting strangely and then the marbles wouldn't go down correctly. Speaking of which, do not use regular sized marbles with this, as they do not fit through the holes. It comes with 30 marbles, which was more than enough in my opinion. My 3 year old found regular marbles somewhere and figured they would work, however, they only plugged up the holes. Overall, we love our Mega Fun Marble Fun Run, and it makes a great indoor activity when it's rainy outside, or when the weather gets cold.

The Mega Fun Marble Fun Run gets 8 stars from me:


If you are looking for toys, either as gifts for others, or for children of your own, I can almost guarantee that this will get 2 thumbs up from the kids. You can find them on Amazon, HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-40207773-1