Chevron

Friday, August 14, 2015

What Do Showers and Blueberries Have in Common?


Disclosure: The item(s) mentioned below were provided complimentary for the purpose of an honest review. The opinions stated here are based upon my personal experience with the product(s) and are entirely my own. Regardless, I only recommend products or services that I feel would benefit my readers.

One of the most important step of skin care is exfoliation. Disgustingly enough, our skin cells die quite often, and exfoliating is what keeps your skin looking gorgeous despite that. In order to keep your skin looking bright, fresh and youthful, you ave to slough away the gunky build-up that makes it entirely dull and boring. So what makes a good body exfoliant? It truly depends on your skin type and the results you are looking for, but for the most part, an exfoliant should contain some kind of abrasive ingredient to do the exfoliating, and then other ingredients that collaborate to deliver your desired results. I recently tried Jaowying Blueberry Body Scrub, and it's really a great gentle Summertime body scrub.



Jaowying uses a unique blend of ingredients to make their blueberry scrub high in anti-aging and nourishing properties. First up is Niacinamide, or Vitamin B3. Niacinamide is known for its ability to improve the elasticity of the skin while also toning and reversing discoloration. Next is Vaccinium Corymbosum Fruit Extract which comes from blueberries! This is very high in antioxidants and has been proven to boost anti-aging capabilities. Hence the reason it's good to eat our blueberries, and scrub with them too! This scrub also contains Vitamin E which has been celebrated for its ability to heal, but when applied topically (versus taken orally), it also has the ability to combat fine lines, wrinkles and age spots. And lastly, Juglans Regia Shell Powder, or in simpler terms, walnut shell powder. Aside from assisting skin's elasticity, it also increases circulation, which means all of the oxygen in your blood gets brought to the skin, giving it a natural appearance and glow. Their formula is a creamy texture with tiny scrubbies throughout.




When it comes to exfoliation, for my skin, the more abrasive, the better. I mean, I don't want to wash up with shards of glass, but I need it to plow through the dead skin cells to reveal what's hiding underneath. I feel like I have really fast cell turnover or something. Like, I could totally exfoliate every single day and it would not irritate my skin whatsoever. That being said, it's typically recommended to do it twice a week. I have been using this a couple of times per week to keep my skin looking Summer fresh and it seriously does make a difference in the texture of my skin immediately after using it. It reminds me a bit of an in-shower lotion almost, because it leaves this silky layer of smooth behind. It smells really good too! As far as being a scrub, this is a gentle scrub for sure. It won't leave your skin irritated or sensitive, but will leave your skin feeling softer than before. The jar of Blueberry Body Scrub is 5 fl oz so it will not last forever. I found that I had to use quite a bit per use, and I even kept it to just my legs. I could foresee this lasting about a month or a month and a half depending on how sparingly you use it. I also think it would be convenient in a squeeze bottle. Normally I don't think of a scrub that way, but as I said, this one is very much like an in-shower body lotion, and I feel it would serve well in a tube versus a jar.

Overall, I really like the Jaowying Blueberry Body Scrub and I recommend it with 8 stars:


If you are in the market for a luxuriously gentle body scrub, you can purchase this on Amazon for $15.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-40207773-1