Chevron

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Kicking Acne in the Butt with Elba Naturals


Disclosure: The item(s) mentioned below were provided complimentary for the purpose of an honest review. The opinions stated here are based upon my personal experience with the product(s) and are entirely my own. Regardless, I only recommend products or services that I feel would benefit my readers.

There are few things I envy about other people. I mean, there are probably a ton of things I envy about other people, but if I spent my time envying what everyone else had, I would never get anything done. So, I stick to just a few things. One of them is people who do not struggle with acne. You know, if I had it for a couple of years while I was a teenager, or while I was pregnant or something, I would totally be ok with it. The fact that I have been in a full on war with acne since I was a teenager, and I am now 30, is just unacceptable. I have tried SEVERAL different products for treating my acne, and some have certainly fared better than others, but I have decided most recently that using more natural and organic products versus chemically-based ones is how I prefer to treat my skin concerns. One brand that I recently had a hand a trying is Elba Naturals, and their n.2 Anti-Acne/Anti-Blemish Treatment Gel.



Elba Naturals is a truly unique company that has formulated a number of skincare products. While they have all these products in their arsenal, they introduce products, one at a time, based on what their customers want. They claim to cater to the "green urban lifestyle" with natural skincare products made from quality ingredients. They currently offer 5 products, although I suspect that they will be launching a 6th soon, as there is a live countdown currently on their website, claiming to reveal "a surprise". When ordering products from Elba Naturals, you know you are receiving products with mostly natural and organic ingredients in them. On top of that, their products are made in the USA and are done so with cruelty-free practices.



The Elba Naturals n.2 Anti-Acne/Anti-Blemish Treatment Gel can be used, from my understanding, two different ways. On the bottle it says to apply a small amount to a moistened face, rub in circular motions for a minute or two, rinse off and then follow up with toner and moisturizer. On Amazon, the directions in one of the product images says to use it after your moisturizer by dotting it on your forehead, cheeks and chin, and then rubbing in outward, then down. Because I like to follow the directions on the bottle, I did it the first way. I wash my face as usual, and then slightly dry it off, use a couple bumps of the Elba Naturals n.2 Anti-Acne/Anti-Blemish Treatment Gel, rub it around for a minute, and then rinse it off. If your face is too wet, it kind of just feels like you are pushing the water around your face, and if you dry your face too much, the product completely absorbs into your skin (which I would think would be the point, so it can treat the acne - I mean, what is the point of washing it off?). I'm not sure what the "right" way is to use it, as it seems more like a second cleanser than a spot treatment, since you have to wash it off. The serum itself is gel-like, and the smell reminds of Christmas (likely from the Clove Oil in it). Speaking of ingredients, some of the active ingredients in this treatment are: Witch Hazel, Salcylic Acid, Arginine, Aloe Vera and Collodial Silver (just to name a few). After using it for a few weeks, I can say that it does make my skin feel smooth, and has really helped with my painful cystic, hormonal acne breakouts so much that I haven't had any. I love that the ingredients are 98% natural and 72% organic, that the products are made here in the USA, and that they also are cruelty-free. It never ceases to amaze me when natural products work just as well or better than those over-the-counter products that are filled with chemicals that are actually harmful once absorbed into the body.

Although this product extends my daily skincare routine, I give Elba Naturals n.2 Anti-Acne/Anti-Blemish Treatment Gel 8 stars:


If you are looking for an all-natural acne treatment, or know someone who is, you can purchase a 1 oz pump bottle on Amazon for $35. A little pricey for the size, but you do get a 180 day money back guarantee if you are displeased with the products performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-40207773-1