Chevron

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Keeping My Hair & Scalp In Good Shape with Follicleanse


Disclosure: The item(s) mentioned below were provided complimentary for the purpose of an honest review. The opinions stated here are based upon my personal experience with the product(s) and are entirely my own. Regardless, I only recommend products or services that I feel would benefit my readers.


One of my favorite ways to relax and treat myself is getting my hair colored. I have gone to the same hair stylist my entire life, and we have a ton of fun picking out color combinations to use in my hair. Plus, I am never left displeased with the results. One of the most important things I like to remember before getting my hair colored, is using a clarifying shampoo and conditioner for a little while in order to "prep" my hair to take the color better. I am not a stylist, so I do not know the science or the specifics behind anything that has to do with hair, but it was a recommendation she made awhile ago, and that always stuck with me. Since I will be getting my hair colored in a few short weeks, I have been consistently using Follicleanse OS Clarifying Shampoo and Conditioner.



Follicleanse is a brand that has been around since the 90's. In fact, the creator invented the line because he was suffering from slow hair growth and itching, flaking, and redness of the scalp. When he managed to work his way through everything on the market to no avail, he decided to do some research. Surprise! The very ingredients in the products intended to rid our hair and scalp of difficulties, can actually cause them! He created Follicleanse with gentle and effective natural ingredients meant to cleanse the hair and heal the scalp. The Follicleanse OS Shampoo and Conditioner are intended for use with normal to oily hair. This system uses Zinc, Fenugreek, Sage, Burdock and strengthening proteins to rid your hair of styling residue, build-up, oil, and irritation. They are available in 16 fl oz and 32 fl oz, and can be purchased individually or separately. Along with the Follicleanse OS products, they also offer the Follicleanse DS system which uses Emu Oil, and is intended for normal to dry hair.       

                                                          

                                                 

I found this to be a very helpful system for me. I have been using this duo on and off for a couple of weeks. While I am sure that it would be perfectly fine to use day to day for the entire family, I have chosen to use it here and there when I feel that my hair and scalp are in need of some deep cleansing, or special attention. As I mentioned earlier, I am getting my hair professionally colored at the end of the month, so I will continue to use this to really clarify my hair follicles to allow them to be the most "prepared" to take to the hair color. The shampoo is greenish in color, and watery in comparison to your typical shampoos that you find at the store. I think this is the reason the directions state to use a half dollar sized amount. The conditioner, on the other hand, is thick like other conditioners I have used. I really like the scent of these, and they leave my hair feeling cleansed and manageable, while my scalp feels refreshed and soothed. I am pleased with the majority of the ingredients used in each of the products, and love seeing so many natural things on the list. I really wish the 16 oz bottles had the pump tops like the 32 oz bottles, but I suppose I could buy some for relatively cheap if I really wanted to.

I am really enjoying the many benefits of the Follicleanse OS system and recommend them with 8 stars:


You can purchase Follicleanse product on their website HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-40207773-1