Chevron

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Review of MIRA Stainless Steel 2-Container Set

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

If you are unaware that plastic is unhealthy for you, you must live under a rock. Many companies have taken it upon themselves to remove some of the harmful ingredients in their plastics (e.g. BPA, phalates, PVC, lead), however, there is still much debate about the health-related consequences that this material has on our long-term health. Because of this very fact, I try to buy food storage containers (among many other household items) that are made of less harmful materials. I especially try to find kid-friendly products made from safer alternatives. This is no easy task....Many affordable options are made from some form of plastic, they are convenient and they are readily available. It can be quite a task to find an affordable, safer alternative. Therefore, I was thrilled when I was given the opportunity to review the Stainless Steel 2 Container Set from MIRA through Tomoson.

This is the set that I received
The larger container is the 8 ounce size, and the smaller one is a 5 ounce size. I originally thought they were going to be larger, but they are the perfect size for lunch box foods, or on-the-go snacks. The containers themselves are made from unlined 18/8 food-grade stainless steel, are easy to wash, and make me feel good about serving food in them to my kids (or myself). The lids are made from non-toxic LDPE (low density polyethylene) number 4 plastic, and they go on and off super easy. In fact, I often think they are not on correctly because there is no definitive "click" or "snap". That being said, I have yet to have my son come home with the contents in them spilled all over his lunchbox, and these easy-on-easy-off lids make them effortless for small hands.

I have enjoyed using these, and am planning to purchase more. They also sell a very nice 3-piece set including a 16 ounce, 8 ounce and 5 ounce size container that I have my eyes on. The 2-piece set that I received retails for $29.99 on Amazon, but is on sale right now for significantly cheaper. Additionally, the 3-piece set retails for $34.99, however, that too is displaying a discounted price.

Overall, I give the MIRA Stainless Steel 2-Container Set 10 out of 10 stars:

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-40207773-1