Chevron

Friday, June 6, 2014

Purge Your Pores with Healing Tree Bamboo Charcoal Soap

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

I am always on the look-out for new products to add to my beauty routine. New eye shadow to bring out the super brown color of my eyes? Yes, please! New lip gloss to add to the 500 I already own? I NEED it! New eye liner to make those "wings" easier to create? Yes, yes, and YES! Make-up is so fun to experiment with, and I have found that it is easiest when you have a well prepped "canvas", if you know what I mean. And if you don't, I mean face. I have struggled with acne since I was a teenager, and I have tried very many treatment option. One of the best treatments that actually worked for my face was a medication that I took orally. Additionally, my skin was perfectly clear each time I was pregnant. At this time in my life I do not wish to treat my acne with medication because of the long list of side effects, and the uncertainty of what the impact is 20-, 30- or 40- years down the line. And, I can't just reproduce every time I get a pimple.... It just isn't realistic. Although we do make pretty cute kids...

As I mentioned in a prior post, I have been getting a ton of beauty related products in exchange for honest reviews, and this is the latest! The Healing Tree Bamboo Charcoal Soap.


Charcoal seems to be yet another beauty trend that is on the rise. Charcoal is known for its incredible ability to absorb, and specifically, absorb all the bad stuff. Hence the reason it is used when people have to get their stomachs "pumped". Obviously we aren't eating the soap, so we don't need a warning here about not consuming charcoal (or soap) in your spare time, correct? This particular soap uses bamboo charcoal which is said to be 4 times more absorbent than wood charcoal. Therefore, if you suffer from skin conditions such as acne, eczema, psoriasis or severely dry skin, this is the stuff for you! If you don't, The Healing Tree also carries a Green Tea Soap which is high in antioxidants, and a Bamboo Vinegar Soap for problematic skin that also works well for all skin types.

I will say that I was nervous about this soap because it is black. I use it while I am in the shower so I don't have to worry about it getting on anything. It is quick and easy to lather, and leaves your skin feeling very clean. In fact, it had no problem removing my make-up including my very full coverage foundation (formulated to cover tattoos...just so you get the gist). You can use this for your entire body, and if you suffer from any of the above mentioned skin issues on other parts of your body (e.g. acne on your chest or back, dry/cracked heels) I would use it there as well. It is important to remember that when you start using a new product, especially one designed to pull out the gunk in your pores, that it may get worse before it gets better. This is simply a result of the yuck coming out, which over time, is a good thing.

The Healing Tree was kind enough to send me 2 bars of the Bamboo Charcoal Soap to test out (thank you!), so I gave the extra one to my sister-in-law (AKA my BFF and partner in crime). Just a couple of weeks ago she was asking me about where she could get more because she is in love with the way this soap has transformed her skin. She has very oily acne-prone skin, and her skin was CLEAR! She uses it twice a day, so maybe I need to get over the black suds and get to using it twice a day as well. My acne stems from hormones, so cleansers and treatments don't always prevent it, but they help clear it up faster, and this soap delivers in that respect. It smells a bit like dirt and charcoal, but I am not bothered by the scent whatsoever, and it doesn't linger on your skin. Plus, each bar costs only $3.99. That is not a typo.... it costs three dollars and ninety-nine cents per bar. What a steal of a deal!

The Healing Tree Bamboo Charcoal Soap is made from simple, natural ingredients, is hypoallergenic and free of added fragrances. In fact, the only ingredients are: vegetable oil, water, glycerin and bamboo charcoal. Plus, they don't test on animals!


I have enjoyed using The Healing Tree Bamboo Charcoal Soap, and give it 10 stars:

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *

Don't for get the show The Healing Tree some love, and follow them on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. They provide excellent health tips and fun contests through those outlets.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

2 comments:

  1. if you know what I mean. And if you don't, I mean face. I have struggled with acne since I was a teenager, carbon powder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Blog,
    A great charcoal soap for acne dark spot treatment, made with bamboo charcoal, sea salt & tea tree oil. Has powerful cleansing dirt & impurities from pores and toning properties.

    ReplyDelete

UA-40207773-1