Chevron

Monday, October 13, 2014

Straws with a Purpose - Review of Eco at Heart Stainless Steel Straws


I think we are all aware of the hazards of plastic use in our day-to-day life, from the shower curtain in your shower to the plastic storage containers you store your food in, to the water bottles you drink out of. While many plastics are BPA-free these days, this does not mean that they are free of many other harmful chemicals. I am slowly but surely ridding my life of plastic, and every step in the right direction counts in my book. Our latest transition was from plastic straws to Eco at Heart Stainless Steel Straws.


Some of the useful features of the Eco at Heart Stainless Steel Drinking Straws are as follows:
  • Constructed of 18/8 grade stainless steel, and they will not rust or bend
  • Odorless and tasteless, so you won't get that metallic taste or smell while using them
  • BPA-free and safe to use in the dishwasher
  • Reusable, therefore reducing your "plastic footprint" on the environment
  • 3/8'' wide and 8.5''long making them ideal for thick smoothies (or milkshakes, wink, wink)



I love the box that these straws come in. It slides open, and I have kept it to store the straws when they are not in use, reducing our (and by our I mean my children's) opportunity to lose them. They come in a pack of 5, making it perfect for our family of four. I also love the cleaner that came with it to help keep the straws clean and free of build-up. One of my biggest pet peeves about plastic straws is that they are so difficult to clean, and I just don't have the stomach to imagine what amoebas are gaining access to my body via an unintentionally dirty straw. The children absolutely adore these straws, and they are the perfect companion to our morning smoothies (and my son uses them for his root beer floats)!


These straws have made their way into our everyday life, and they get 10 stars from us:

*  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *
If you too would like to make baby steps in the direction of a less plastic dependent household, this is the perfect first step! They are currently on Amazon for $14.97. Amazon prices do change, so be aware that it may not be that price forever. That works out to be less than $3 per straw!

Be sure to check out the Eco at Heart website and learn more about the company behind such a wonderful product!

Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-40207773-1