Chevron

Friday, February 6, 2015

I'm Jumping On The Essential Oil Bandwagon


Alright, I am skeptical of most "trends" that this world concocts, however, there are a few that I try and end up falling pretty hard for. I, just as everyone who has eyes, knows how to read, and participates in any form of social media, know that essential oils are a "thing" right now. Everyone is coming out of the woodwork and swearing that they are curing their chronic illnesses, making their homes smell glorious and even keeping their families safe from the flu. I'm not a doctor or medical professional, so I cannot attest to whether or not the oils are capable of such things, I am simply a consumer who reports on my personal experiences with such things. First up, I am going to review Majestic Pure Cosmeceutical's Peppermint Essential Oil, which they sent me to test out.



Because I am relatively new to essential oils, the thought of ingesting them still scares the ever-loving beejesus out of me, so I am finding other uses for them until I get more comfortable with that. In fact, the bottle specifically says that this is for external use only, it also says to keep away from children. I understand that essential oils can be potent and dangerous which is why I keep them in a safe place, out of reach, and use them VERY sparingly. Safety first, last and always in this house! I also know that many "warnings" are there so that companies cannot be held responsible for possible reactions, side effects, and/or misuse due to human error and not the product itself.


Here a few benefits of using Peppermint Essential Oil:

  • Relief for symptoms related to heartburn, indigestion and irritable bowel syndrome.
  • Can assist when dealing with nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and gas.
  • Helpful for colds, coughs, sinus infections and inflammation of the mouth and throat.
  • Great for use when experiencing headaches, muscle aches and toothaches.
  • It also can work as a bug repellent to keep those pesky bug out of the house, or off of you!
*The Majestic Pure Cosmeceuticals Peppermint Essential Oil claims to be 100% pure and non-toxic, which suggests that it can be ingested, but it warns against doing so. For the most part, when aiming to address the aforementioned ailments, you get the best results when you use it with a carrier oil and either rub it on the bottom of your feet, rub it on the stomach area, or any place near the area of distress. Sometimes just smelling it can help with certain things like a headache or nausea.




As I mentioned in a prior post, I wanted to use the Peppermint Essential Oil in combination with the Fractionated Coconut Oil to create a toothpaste. To try it out I mixed together 1/2 tablespoon of baking soda, 1/2 tablespoon of Fractionated Coconut Oil and 5 drops of the Peppermint Essential Oil. It was a tad watery so I added a few more sprinkles of baking soda until it was a little thicker. I have to say that it was a bit strange. I'm not quite sure whether I am a convert yet, but it absolutely made my mouth feel fresh, and the peppermint was not overwhelming though I suspected it would be. It tastes heavily of baking soda so I know my kids wouldn't use it, however, I have seen other recipes which use stevia as a sweetener, so that would be worth a shot too! I made sure to rinse my mouth out thoroughly after use as well to ensure that the peppermint oil was not ingested, as it is therapeutic grade not food grade.



My kids just recently caught a little cold with stuffy noses and congestion. I have read that the cool mist humidifiers that do not use filers can also work to diffuse essential oils, so I added a few drops of peppermint and lemon essential oils to the humidifier as a way to help break up their congestion and add a pleasant smell to the room. This also makes me feel like it is cleaning out the humidifier, as many essential oils help fight against bacteria. Again, I can't make claims as to essential oils "curing" anything because the FDA says I can't, but I can say it didn't hurt!

So far, I am a fan of Peppermint Essential Oil, and give it 10 stars:


If you are interested in jumping on the essential oil bandwagon, Majestic Pure Cosmeceuticals Peppermint Oil is a great place to start, and is very affordable. You can grab a very large 4 ounce bottle for $14.95, HERE. Prices on Amazon fluctuate often so there is no guarantee that this price will last. You can also see what other products the brand offers on their website and Facebook.

Disclosure: The item(s) mentioned above were provided complimentary for the purpose of an honest review. The opinions stated here are based upon my personal experience with the product(s) and are entirely my own. Regardless, I only recommend products or services that I feel would benefit my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-40207773-1