Chevron

Friday, February 6, 2015

Sprouting Sprouts


One of my favorite things about reviewing products is getting the opportunity to try products that I would never otherwise even know about. Take, for example, this product: the Organic Seeds Sprouter from Vremi. To be honest, I initially thought this was similar to a mini herb garden except to start sprouts indoors before moving them outdoors. Because of our harsh Winters and questionable Springs, you never know when you'll be able to plant anything directly into the ground, so most of the time we start our seeds indoors. And I like to keep fresh herbs growing in the house for cooking purposes. Come to find out, this is actually so you can grow your own sprouts! I am a fan of sprouts, so this worked out well!


First of all, how cute is this box?!?! It is sturdy and adorable, and could totally be re-purposed! These would make a truly thoughtful and unique gift for the gardener or the "greenie" in your life, or if you know someone that just REALLY loves sprouts. I'm a fan of sprouts. I like to add them to sandwiches and salads, and sometimes, just on their own. This fun Sprouting Kit lets you grow 3 different varieties of sprouts: beet (with earthy flavor), mustard (with a spicy flavor) and broccoli (with a neutral flavor).


As you can see, there is a bit of dedication to properly germinating and harvesting the sprouts, with needing to rinse them 3 times per day, but the results pay off quickly, as they begin to grow after only 2-3 days. If you have ever grown any type of seed, you know that keeping them moist is important, but can also be difficult to keep bacteria (in the form of mold) from growing. You have to keep a close eye on them to ensure the best results.



Once I have pictures of them at all stages, I will post that too. Excuse my tardiness, but I am loving how Amazon lets you get a free $1 of media credit if you choose no-rush shipping, so my packages take a little longer to get here. On the plus side, I get to read more books so I'm alright with it!

I really have zero complaints about this Sprouter Kit, so it would be unfair to give it less than 10 stars:


This makes a creative and thoughtful gift idea, great if you enjoy consuming sprouts, and even fun to do with kids because they really get to watch it grow without the soil. My son is in fourth grade which is when they study the growth of plants a little more in-depth, so this makes it extra fun for him (and educational too!). If you are looking to purchase a Sprouter Kit, I would highly recommend this one, as it comes with a TON of organic, non-GMO seeds and only costs $17.90, HERE (this is the current Amazon price, and it may change as their prices fluctuate often).

Disclosure: The item(s) mentioned above were provided complimentary for the purpose of an honest review. The opinions stated here are based upon my personal experience with the product(s) and are entirely my own. Regardless, I only recommend products or services that I feel would benefit my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-40207773-1