Chevron

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Chalkboard Labels Make DIY Fun!


Disclosure: The item(s) mentioned below were provided complimentary for the purpose of an honest review. The opinions stated here are based upon my personal experience with the product(s) and are entirely my own. Regardless, I only recommend products or services that I feel would benefit my readers.

I am one of those people who will spend time pinning DIY project ideas on Pinterest, yet never find the time to actually get to doing them. I always feel as though, in my head, my house looks as put together as the ideas on Pinterest, while in reality, it's the same as it ever was. I have wonderful intentions, great inspiration, and no time.... I love when I get to review things that push me to take on some of these tasks that I otherwise would avoid. The case in point: I got to review some super-cute Chalkboard Labels from Kitchen Supreme, and it allowed me to try something I have been meaning to try forever. See, I am a hoarder lover of candles. I buy Bath and Body Works candles which come in these short, stout, beautiful glass jars. They are perfect to reuse for other things after, but I've never taken the steps to do so until now!


See how perfect the jars are for making DIY organization for around the house?!?! The Kitchen Supreme Chalkboard Labels forced me to finally take the necessary steps to do a simple, yet necessary project. In order to get the candle jar clean, I obviously had to burn the candle. When it finishes burning, there is always still a little bit of wax left in the bottom. In order to get that out, I placed it in the freezer for a few hours. From the other DIY projects that I have read, I saw that next, you can pour boiling water into the jar to lift the wax out. Surprisingly, after I put it in the freezer, the small amount of wax left over cracked, and I picked it out, cleaned the jar, peeled the label off and I was left with how it look in the picture above.


The Kitchen Supreme Chalkboard Label set comes with a set of 40 labels in 8 different designs. There is a design to match whatever style you are trying to achieve, from the plain old perfectly rectangular design, to fancy and sophisticated designs as well. It's a great variety, and you get 5 of each kind of label, incase you wish for your certain project to match. This set also comes with a Liquid Chalk Marker which writes in white. This marker can only be used on non-porous surfaces, and can be wiped off, similar to a dry-erase marker with a damp cloth. It's refreshing to know that you don't have to write perfectly to get your desired look. I messed up when I did mine, and I used a wet q-tip to sharpen up the edges and clean the places that I smeared it. That being said, allow the chalk marker ink to dry before you try to peel the label and stick it. In order to use the marker you have to shake it up, press down on the tip to allow for the liquid to come to absorb into the tip, and then you can write with it. The tip itself is a little thick, so if you are looking for fine print, you may need to find another marker. I found that this worked fine for me though. If you are labeling something, it should be bold enough that you can see what it is.


There's the finished product! Now I have a cute container to store my cotton balls in the bathroom! I love how this turned out. Now I just need to find a small knob to use at a handle for the top, but for now, this will do. Next, I can make one for q-tips!

The Kitchen Supreme Chalkboard Labels can be used for many things, including labeling jars, kitchen containers, bins and spray bottles. You can organize almost any part of your home with these, leaving it looking fresh while having your things be easy to find. Plus, they are reusable, while being dishwasher and refrigerator safe. I have not tested these labels in either of those places, so I cannot personally attest to their ability to withstand those circumstances, however, they have very high reviews, so I assume most people are truly pleased with these labels.

I'm excited to partake in more DIY and organizing with my Kitchen Supreme Chalkboard Labels 
and I give them 10 stars:


If one of your goals is to organize around the house, I highly recommend these labels, and you can purchase them from Amazon HERE. They are currently $14.84 and as always, this price is not promised to last. Kitchen Supreme offers a few different products which you can explore via their website or by following them on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-40207773-1