Chevron

Sunday, March 29, 2015

How to Make Your Veggies Fun


Disclosure: The item(s) mentioned below were provided complimentary for the purpose of an honest review. The opinions stated here are based upon my personal experience with the product(s) and are entirely my own. Regardless, I only recommend products or services that I feel would benefit my readers.

I was the kid that actually liked and ate all of their veggies, so why I ended up with my first-born who pretty much despises every veggie is beyond me. That being said, I have always tried to make veggies enticing. You know, broccoli are little trees and peas are like tiny rocks. I eventually started pureeing veggies and sneaking them in where I could. Now that he is a little older he is more open to them, and eats them way more often then he ever did when he was younger. My second born, she is almost a self-chosen vegetarian, and loves just about any fruit or vegetable we serve her. That being said, I am always looking for new and exciting ways to cook and serve veggies to make them more enticing. I have found my new favorite kitchen toy, as well as my new favorite side dish. Introducing Kitchen Supreme's Spiral Slicer for veggies.


I've been wanting to try one of these for so long. I like zucchini as it is, but this is so much more fun! The Spiral Slicer turns your veggies into long pasta-like strands. It's great because they cook faster, and it adds a nice pop of color to any meal. I have only used this with zucchini, but you can also use it for carrots, cucumbers, squash, radishes and sweet or regular potatoes.


This thing is pretty much fool proof. There is an opening on each end. One end has blades set to make noodles sized 1/16'' x 3/32'' and the other end is 1/8'' x 3/16''.  In the picture above, I was using the "larger" size. You stick your veggie of choice into one side and then start spinning it while applying light, but steady pressure. The middle of the veggie will push through the hole in the center, while the rest of it will come out of the side in one super-long string. Once you get down to the end, you can attach the veggie to the detachable top. It has a sharp needle in the middle which will hold the food in place, and get more of it through the blades without ever compromising your fingers, and reducing your waste. Once I am finished, I place the "noodles" in a pan with a little bit of olive oil, cook them until they are soft, season with salt and pepper and add a little parmesan cheese on top.


I think it is so yummy! And entirely versatile too. For example, I added marinated chicken to this dish as well.


Great way to add veggies into your diet! Simple to create, as it does not take anymore time than it would to peel, cut and cook them on the stove top, in fact, I would say that it saves time. The Kitchen Supreme Spiral Slicer is simple to clean and comes with a cleaning brush to ensure that you are keeping the blades free of gunk. That being said, this is dishwasher-safe, so you can take that route as well. I tend to hand-wash this and be careful to get everything out of the blade-holes to ensure that nothing gets hardened onto them, or obstructs them from working as they are supposed to. The Spiral Slicer itself is small in size so it does not take up a bunch of room, and comes with a small storage bag to keep it protected.

I have loved giving this thing a whirl, and recommend it highly with 10 stars:


If you are looking for a way to spruce up your veggies, or any of your meals, you can grab the Kitchen Supreme Spiral Slicer on Amazon HERE for $15.84. As per all Amazon pricing, there is no telling how long this price will last, that is just the current price. Kitchen Supreme offers a few different products which you can explore via their website or by following them on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-40207773-1